September 6, 2012 •
A few good articles on social media
- WeForPresident, The Social Victory Center, I Voted, Nation Builder, and Votizen are each playing their part in the election. 5 Facebook Apps That Are Shaking Up Politics.
- Twitter has been tracking your election-related tweets for months, and using that data to build the Twitter Political Index — or “Twindex” for short. Take a Tour of the Twitter Political Index.
- YouTube launched the “YouTube Elections Hub” Wednesday, providing a one-stop spot for live footage and video news coverage of the 2012 presidential election. YouTube Wants to Be Your Go-To for Election Coverage.
- Facebook has stepped up its security on brand pages, working to remove fraudulent Likes caused by spambots, malware or fake account users. Facebook Weeds Out Fake ‘Likes,’ Improves Brand Integrity.
- More than 2.5 million people have signed online petitions posted to the White House’s We the People website since its September 2011 launch. ‘We the People Nets More Than 3,000,000 Signatures.