April 4, 2013 •
New Addition to the 10-Year Club
On April 1st, we added Comptroller Jeff Roberts to the 10-Year Club. He is now our sixth member to this exclusive club. This is a huge recognition at State and Federal Communications.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 30 percent of employees had 10 year or more of tenure with their current employer. And, the median number of years with an employer is only 4.4 years.
Yesterday, we celebrated Jeff’s milestone and he mentioned so many things that have happened in 10 years.
- Staff increased from 13 to 36;
- Space increased from 8,200 sq feet to 16,000 sq feet;
- We published the updates to our Political Contributions and Lobbying Laws publications twice a year and now we update our website every day;
- We added the Procurement Lobbying and Canadian Lobbying to our suite of on-line services;
- Increased our consulting clients from 19 to 126; and
- The number of children from staff went from eight (8) to 32.
Jeff’s input into the operation of the company is not seen to the outside crowd, but he has been an amazing trusted employee making sure we are always ahead on bills and the IRS. And, as he mentioned at our program yesterday, has never worried as to whether he would be paid or whether benefits would be provided.
We live in a different society now. Tenure used to only be associated with academic careers. In the private sector, tenure is the faithful commitment to an employer who has proven there is worth to staying.
Thanks to Jeff Roberts for 10 years of faithful service.
State and Federal Communications, Inc. provides research and consulting services for government relations professionals on lobbying laws, procurement lobbying laws, political contribution laws in the United States and Canada. Learn more by visiting stateandfed.com.