January 31, 2011 •
A Great Opportunity to Keep Learning
I am a proponent of professional development. Sitting in front of a computer all day long can help in the knowledge department, but getting out and meeting folks is the best way to show initiative and sharpen your skills.
One of the best is the Annual Meeting from the State Government Affairs Council. This year, the program will be held March 30th to April 1st (no foolin’) in Austin, Texas. Sessions include:
- Secret Language of Success: The Importance of Nonverbal Communication;
- Effective Advocacy Tools;
- Challenging the Myth of Work-Life Balance: How to have the Time of your Life and Get Work Done Too;
- Social Media in Action;
- Associations and Members: Working as Partners;
- Achieving Success with Coalition Advocacy;
- Navigating the New Legislature with Texas Senator Leticia Van de Putte; and
- Election Law and Government Ethics with former FEC Commissioner Michael Toner.
You can obtain information about the program, SGAC, and its new lobbying certificate program at www.sgac.org.
State and Federal Communications, Inc. provides research and consulting services for government relations professionals on lobbying laws, procurement lobbying laws, political contribution laws in the United States and Canada. Learn more by visiting stateandfed.com.