December 5, 2013 •
The World According to Carol Carson
Carol Carson is the executive director of the Connecticut Office of Government Accountability. In September she provided her Top 10 Tips at the Practising Law Institute’s Campaign Finance and Lobbying program in Washington, DC.
10. Register. Register. Register.
9. In Connecticut, you are required to wear your lobbying badge… So wear your lobbying badge.
8. Keep contemporaneous records.
7. Get advice from the agency. We are here to help.
6. If you mess up, fess up.
5. Don’t play us.
4. Work with us.
3. Lobbying is a self-policing industry.
2. Video surveillance is everywhere.
1. We would rather help you get it right then catch you doing it wrong.
We are huge fans of Carol Carson because she is out there working with the registered community to file accurate and timely reports. Everyone should use her Top 10 Tips to manage compliance.
It is a busy time of the year. Make sure your 2014 registrations are in order. Need help, call us. We Comply.
President and CEO
State and Federal Communications, Inc. provides research and consulting services for government relations professionals on lobbying laws, procurement lobbying laws, political contribution laws in the United States and Canada. Learn more by visiting stateandfed.com.