July 18, 2014 •
Up in the Air
It is summer and you know what that means in state government affairs. Meetings. Meetings. Meetings.
Okay, I know many of you will not be at the first one but I will see you at many of the other places across the continental United States.
1. Greek Orthodox Clergy-Laity Congress—July 6-10 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;
2. National Governors Association—July 10-July 13 in Nashville, Tennessee;
3. Council of State Governments MLC—July 13-July 16 in Omaha, Nebraska;
4. IACREOT Conference—July 23-24 in Bonita Springs, Florida;
5. NCSL Legislative Leaders—July 24-25 in Washington, DC;
6. Council of State Governments National and Western Annual Conference—
August 9-13 in Anchorage, Alaska; and
7. National Conference of State Legislatures—August 18-22 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Now that is a lot of traveling for anyone to handle. I skipped a couple of the other regional CSG meetings because…well, I do need to stop at the office and home every once in a while.
Follow the travel either on Facebook or Twitter @elizabethbartz. You may enjoy the photos and the opportunities or it just might tire you out. Either way, it will not be boring.
Looking forward to sharing with you my reflection of owning State and Federal Communications for 21 years in next month’s issue. Stay tuned.
State and Federal Communications, Inc. provides research and consulting services for government relations professionals on lobbying laws, procurement lobbying laws, political contribution laws in the United States and Canada. Learn more by visiting stateandfed.com.