May 7, 2019 •
New York City Campaign Finance Board Proposes Rulemaking Amendments
The New York City Campaign Finance Board will hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to the Campaign Finance Program.
Amendments address disclosure, contributions, expenditures, public fund payments, and disclosure of independent expenditures.
Proposed rules amend and clarify the following sections:
- The reporting requirement of an in-kind contribution’s fair market value
- The next contribution limit adjustment to occur in 2022
- Enumerate the categories of prohibited contributions
- Cash contributions from a single source
- Attribution of expenditures after the date of a contested primary
- Update other provisions of the Campaign Finance Program
The public hearing on the proposed rules will take place on June 13.
State and Federal Communications, Inc. provides research and consulting services for government relations professionals on lobbying laws, procurement lobbying laws, political contribution laws in the United States and Canada. Learn more by visiting stateandfed.com.